I have moved my blog!

Please visit www.woolsey6.com!

.

Blogging and Cooking

Tonight I went out to dinner with my good friends to see Julie and Julia, which by the way, is a fantastic movie. It was an inspiration for me because it was really about writing/blogging (Julie Powell) and cooking (Julia Child), two of my favorite things to do in life. I have a hard time these days finding all the time I want to do a good job cooking or writing as much as I want to. I made a decision before I saw the movie tonight that I would write less words more often, rather than trying to cram one or two weeks worth of thoughts and events into one blog entry which gets to be overwhelming and dauting to me at times. Seeing the movie tonight just inspired me to do more writing and cooking and that your goals and ambitions in life are so reachable if you really want them to be yours.

Julia Child once said "find something you're passionate about and keep tremendously interested in it.” I think this is really a recipe for success and this is what got Julia's cookbook Mastering The Art of French Cooking came to be published after many long years of writing and trying to get it published.

I came home from the movie and had to check out Julie's blog, being a fellow blogger myself (http://juliepowell.blogspot.com/) which seemed kind of just like a normal person like you or I writing her thoughts about everyday events and things happening in her life and her political and other opinions. She is famous with her blog because she had a fresh original idea that people connected to and followed day after day. I do admire that.

At one point during all her blogging, Julie thought "who is reading my blog out there in the world?" So she asked if anyone was reading what she had to say and she received comments. I know some of you who are reading my blog, but not all I am sure. If you are out there reading this, give me a shout out in my comments section at the very bottom of each post so I know who you are.

We had a fun barbecue at Bob and Angela's over the weekend. The kids LOVE the pool. Violet is already jumping from the side of the pool and going all the way under. She absolutely loves the water and throws one of her adorable tantrums when we get her out.





Note two blog changes:
--Check out the updated "Trip Tips" - lessons learned in triplet rearing or just child rearing in general.
-- Sign up to be automatically sent my blog (on the top right side of the page) when I update it and that way I don't have to bulk email you anymore. Your email will only be used to get updates on my blogs and will not be sold for mass marketing email campaigns, rest assured.

If I were Julia Child I would say ""This is Julia Child. Bon appétit!".
But I am the mothership so I say . . .
Until next time, the mothership is signing off.
7 Responses
  1. Anonymous Says:

    I'm reading and my name is Uncle Doug.


  2. Mira Says:

    I'm always here, and you don't need to email me. I get notified when you update already...I want to see that movie!

    Good luck with your passion!


  3. Anonymous Says:

    Of course I read your blog. Jim/Dad


  4. Anonymous Says:

    I love reading your blog. Aunt Mad


  5. Anonymous Says:

    Meg, I read your blog IMMEDIATELY when I get it! I love hearing from you and about you. Joy


  6. Anonymous Says:

    Megan -- I am a faithful reader of your blog! Jill Searle


  7. Anonymous Says:

    Hi Megan,
    I read your blog all the time. I can't believe how fast the kids are growing. Jill Culver